Monday, March 12

Santa Ana Fire Academy Proud Alumni

We received this email....thought I would share it! If you need Capt. Jones contact info let me know!

Chief Martin,

Please allow me to introduce myself and compliment your program. My name is Rick Jones. I am a Captain with the San Jose Fire Department, CPAT proctor, and proud graduate of the 52nd Academy.

Yesterday, February 10, I was proctoring the CPAT test in Dublin, California. Several of your students made the drive from Southern California to take the test. These gentlemen made an outstanding impression. They were extremely polite and courteous to all the staff. It is refreshing to see the attitude all of these young men displayed. I have seen hundreds of candidates come through the CPAT Testing Center; very few show the courtesy and respect that your students displayed. These young men made a great impression on all of the staff. I was proud to be able to tell the other proctors that I was from the same program. I have seen students from other programs come through the Testing Center, very few of them present themselves or represent a program as well as your students did yesterday. There were students from other programs there yesterday, your people performed and presented themselves head and shoulders above all of rest.

As an aging line officer, sometimes I sometimes question the quality of our recruits and their attitudes. After my encounter yesterday with your students, I have a better hope for the future of the Fire Service. In addition, I know that my expectations for our recruits and probationary fire fighters are not too high.

In Northern California we see very few Santa Ana Academy graduates. If, as I suspect, these young men are typical of what your program continues to produce, please encourage your students to apply to the various departments up here. If any of your students have questions about Departments in Northern California, feel free to have them contact me.

Please feel free to share this email with the class. I am extremely proud to call these fine young men brothers of a fine program, and look forward to the day when I can work with some of them! They will make a fine addition to any Fire Department. You and your staff should be proud of these young men that you are producing for the Fire Service.

Sincerely,
Captain Rick Jones
San Jose Fire Department
Truck 18