Please reply to this message if you are experiencing technical difficulty. For all other inquiries, please Contact USFA.
You are subscribed to the U.S. Fire Administration's (USFA) Civilian Fire Fatality Notices e-mail list. Notices have recently been added and are now available.
Tuesday, November 24
The Nation's news media is reporting the following residential fire (non-arson) fatalities:
- 2 dead – Occurred Monday, 11/23 – Bloomingdale, IL (Chicago, IL) – A man and woman were killed in a home fire. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 dead – Occurred Tuesday, 11/24 – Cleveland, OH – A woman was killed in a home fire. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 dead – Occurred Monday, 11/23 – Memphis, TN – An elderly man was killed in a home fire. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 dead – Occurred Monday, 11/23 - Lee Township, MI (Grand Rapids, MI) – A four-year-old boy was killed in a mobile home fire. The fire was started by a burning candle.
- 1 dead – Occurred Monday, 11/23 – Brazos, TX (Dallas - Fort Worth, TX) – A person was killed in a mobile home fire. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 dead – Occurred Sunday, 11/22 – Machesney Park, IL (Rockford, IL) – A 45-year-old woman was killed in a home fire. An electrical malfunction caused the fire.
To find out more about any of the reported incidents, please contact news media in the vicinity where the fatal fire occurred. USFA does not have any additional information other than what is listed here.
The United States Fire Administration recommends everyone should have a comprehensive fire protection plan that includes smoke alarms, residential sprinklers, and practicing a home fire escape plan.
Follow USFA updates on Twitter
Update your subscriptions, modify your password or e-mail address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your Subscriber Preferences Page. You will need to use your e-mail address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This service is provided to you at no charge by the U.S. Fire Administration.
U.S. Fire Administration · U.S. Department of Homeland Security · Emmitsburg, MD 21727 · (301) 447-1000